MISSIONThe College of Labor and Employment Lawyers is a fellowship of the most accomplished members of the labor and employment law community.
Its mission is:
- To promote achievement, advancement, and excellence in the practice of labor and employment law,
- To establish, by example, the standards of professionalism and civility for the practice of labor and employment law,
- To share our experience and knowledge to improve existing systems of dispute resolution and conflict management and to develop new ones.
- To recognize and honor distinguished members of the labor and employment law community.
- To convene meetings and sponsor programs to pursue our mission, to induct new members, and to celebrate our fellowship, and
- To act as a resource of labor and employment law knowledge, skills, experience and history for the bar, for academia, for government, for the judiciary and for the community at large.
In the beginning, the goals of the founders of the College were to promote achievement, advancement and excellence in the practice of Labor and Employment Law. Even as we have evolved to serve a greater purpose for the benefit of our profession, our audiences and the American workplace, these original goals remain intact.
The Fellows of the College have, since its inception, been dedicated to the study and enhancement of civility and professionalism in the practice of Labor and Employment Law and to the improvement of the delivery and quality of labor and employment legal services.
Today, the College is an international membership association of more than one thousand of the best and brightest lawyers who practice in labor employment law. Today, the College represents a catalyst for positive influence, support, and progressive change in the profession. In addition to being recognized as an organization that sets the standards for professionalism, civility, and intellectual strength, the College plays an influential and proactive role among its audiences. We have evolved to become an important resource for guidance, knowledge and clarity in the area of Labor and Employment Law.
The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers is a distinguished body of individuals drawing its membership from the best and brightest lawyers, academicians and scholars in the field of Labor and Employment Law. The collective experience, the intellectual range and the influence of its members underscore the significant contribution the College is making to the advancement of labor and employment law.